Monday, December 30, 2013

October 7, 2013

ooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH. my gosh.
Conference.
was.
so.
good.
I can't even... just. oh my. holy... what the. how? i don't!.... even... i'm gonna.... AH! .......................................
well i just can't say it in words enough. so uh. yeah. haha it's probably because for the first time in my life i think..... I STAYED AWAKE THROUGH ALL OF CONFERENCE!!!! WHHAAAAAAATTTTTTT!!!! it's the TRUTH the truth i say!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not a lie i speak none such thing! WOOOOOOO!!!!! i'm super proud of myself IF YOU CAN'T TELL. it's just a big deal. haha anyway uh if any of you didn't watch all of conference FINISH MY EMAIL AND THEN GO WATCH IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for real it was SO GOOD. anyway, I especially loved... well all of it. i can't even pick favorites or i would type out every one of their talks... and then this would be a really long email. but that's nothing new............ hehe :) 
ANYWAY. i'm gonna move on before I go on a big rant.....
BUT JUST WATCH THEM OKAY???? I was watching and SO MUCH STUFF was answers to my questions, AND to my investigators and to the less actives we're teaching and it was so sad because most of them didn't come or didn't watch... and i was just like... man. HOW often does God give us the answers or help we need, and we just aren't even paying attention? how many opportunities do we miss out on because we don't wanna take the time to do what the Lord asks? don't miss out on the opportunity to hear from the servants of the Lord people! and don't forget to live what you learn :) one of my favorite lines in conference was something like, you can't get good at basketball or in shape by watching a basketball game, and you can't get spiritually in shape by just watching conference. OOOH man. he NAILED IT. it's true. i love it. oh shoot... i went on a rant. OKAY SORRY I'M MOVING ON NOW. 

so here's a cool story that made my day. well we were going to exercise, and we walk over to the gym in the apartments, and we usually go over around 6:15 but this morning I left the alarm for 6 instead, and so we got out a few minutes early, and this guy was walking into his house, and i was like HEY! how are ya? and he looked a little taken aback and was like... uh good! how are you? and chatted a bit, then we left, and then in the gym, he's suddenly at the door trying to get in and i'm like WOAH. ooooh scared me a bit, haha but he comes in and he says "hey, i just want you guys to know how much it meant to me that you said hi, you won't know the reason why, but it really made my day, it meant a lot." oooo hmy gosh THAT made my day! I love simple moments like that! those are sometimes better than the big miracle stories! anyway, God is so good :) 

oooh so uh there was a night where we had a really rough lesson with a less active that has been makin some bad choices... we've been working to get her to the temple for a long time, and suddenly out of nowhere this huge thing comes up and she's just takin 10 steps backward knowingly... she knows it, but she wants to do it, she thinks it'll solve all her troubles, it's just... complicated. anyway, it was the first lesson me and sis. despain just cried through the whole time... haha but I COULDN'T CONTROL MY STUPID EYES. anyway we left that lesson though super down, just cause we love her SO much, and it's so hard just watching people take those steps.... when you KNOW how much happiness they could have if they would just follow your counsel. how hard must it be for God right? how often do we disobey cause we want something? or we think we know better? it makes me remember how important agency is, he gave up a lot of his kids so that we could have our agency. we gotta learn how to use it right! ANYWAY. after that though, he gave us... well like a puppy or something. haha we went to a lesson with some referrals and they were just amazing. the husband was SO HAPPY to get a BoM in spanish, he started reading it right away and was like man god is SO good... :) so cute. it's hard watching people you love move away from what you know, but like Uchtdorf said, we respect and love them no matter what. and like henry b eyring said!!! in the story, what God said to that lady "I gave him to you because i knew you could and would love him, no matter what he did." guys our responsibility is JUST to love, and serve, and do all we can, never shut people out, never turn them away, never let a grudge or harsh feelings control you and the way you treat others. that is not our calling. remember our calling. 

WELL we uh went to our first mexican fiesta! hahaha the dad in the moreno family had his birthday on saturday so we stopped by to get a few referrals and remind them about conference, and it was like... food. food. food. food. food. music. and beer. hahaha it's funny cause we STILL haven't been able to teach them the WoW and every time we've seen them they've been drinking. hahaha anyway i love them though, SO MUCH. 

WEEEEEEEELLL you folks i think i'm gonna sign off soon! I ATE STARFRUIT THIS WEEK! i don't know how i didn't know about it before but it's amazing.... haha and it's in the shape of A STAR!!!!!!!!!!! so even if it tasted like dead fish i'd still eat it cause it's super cool. 
also. well. nothin else too funny this week... probably actually. but i can't remember. 

hey! hey you guys! listen to me. keep going okay? remember that it is not worth it to end the fight, I know it is hard and i know sometimes it doesn't seem worth it but I promise with all of my heart that you will not regret the decision you made to keep going. i love you all so much. i miss you, so much. stay strong. 
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT'S TRUEEEEEEEEE! 

French toast on Conference morning


Whipped Cream

Loving me some french toast!
handshake practice




No comments:

Post a Comment