Friday, April 5, 2013

week 1

HOLA!!! the keyboard is in spanish mode.. sooo if anything comes out weird my tengo mi culpa! )that means my bad i think)
BOY! I don´´t know where to begin!! well. I got here and it was craaazy and everyone was so happy and saying bien venidos which means welcome and i had noo idea what they were saying and you don´´t get a second to be sad and cry about saying goodbye to anyone, i got in class and the teacher was already speaking only in spanish... so i got a little overwhelmed right away, especially when all the other hermanas y elders started coming in! but it was surprising how quickly you come to love your compañera. seriously the second day we were basically best friends already! you are constantly with them, you can only be apart from them when you´´re going to the bathroom in the residency or showering! haha so you get real close, real fast.
so. only ONE day after learning spanish we already had our first investigator... )fake of course) but STILL. it was the most nerveracking thing in the world! I understood nothing she was saying... haha my compañera knows a little spanish so she kinda ran the lesson, but i basically only said, como esta, y dios le ama. which means god loves you, haha sad day. but it was still exciting!! the next day we had another lesson set up and thirty minutes before hermana miller )my companion) suddenly had a thought to teach about the atonement instead, and we both felt really really good about it, so we did! and i still could barely say anything but my spanish improved SO much in just one day it is impossible to not know that we are all being blessed by the Lord to learn these languages. It was a really good, spirit filled lesson, anyways we´´ve been doing a lot of lessons and i´´ve also learned the value of prayer. I NEVER knew how MUCH prayer really helps, and how real it is! honestly by 10 in the morning every day we probably have already said about 5 prayers, personal or with your district or companion, by the end of the day it could be anywhere from 12 to 20 prayers!
EVERYONE LISTEN!!! pray ALWAYS! seriously. before you eat, before you go in the temple, before you study, before you drive, before you teach a lesson, before you recieve a lesson, pray is SO much more powerful than I thought, I already so many examples of how powerful it is but theres no time to tell them all so just trust me!!!
OH. also, miracle of the week. I didn´´t even realize but my lower back problems i´´ve been having lately have been completely gone since the moment i got here. pretty amazing huh!
Lets see, OH. GYM IS MY FAVORITE TIME OF THE DAY AND EVER IN MY LIFE. i used to hate working out, nooooo mi amigos, now it is my most cherished time! haha when all you do is study and be taught from 8 to 9 every day exercising is the MOST wonderful thing in the world.
the food.... is so.... GOOD. which is so.... TERRRIBLE. I can never choose which meal i want so i usually get them all and eat like five donuts which they have EVERY day and oh my gosh its terrible. hahaha i´´m exaggerating a little on the five donuts but STILL! so i´´m working out hard core to make sure i don´t gain weight... haha
so i have 4 other girls in my room! they are all really great, i was inCREDIBLY blessed with my companion and roommates, me y hermana miller get along so well, and we have a blast, and the elders are all great too!! they are so funny, and treat us all so well! it´´s wonderful, it´´s so nice the spirit that is always there, and the love you feel for eachother, but still have so much fun all the time!
by the way waking up at 6,30 is NOT even bad. hoonestly! we are well rested here! even though i always fall asleep throughout the day... haha
well, i´´m wrapping it up for the general email, I LOVE YOU ALL!! I MISSYOU ALL! but this is one of the best experiences i´´ve had and it´´s only been a week and one day! i can´´t wait for what´´s ahead of me. till next week! Love you guys Ñ= ...... that was supposed to be a smiley face. hahaha
THE CHURCH IS TRUE AND YOU CAN KNOW IT TOO! 
also. our district motto is BE A HELL SHAKER!! hahaha not really we all kinda just laughed about it one of the elders said that, but seriously everyone! make hell shake when you get up in the morning! love you guys Ñ= ... another smiley face!!

No comments:

Post a Comment