Sunday, April 6, 2014

March 31, 2014

HeeellloooOOOOOOO!!!!! everyone!!!!

okay i'm really struggling lately with remembering what i want to write about! or cool stories!!! it's my old age in the mission....
OH well we ran out of miles on our car so bikes baby! but we're actually kinda lazy and have been getting members to give us rides... but NOT because we're lazy actually i take that back! just because our appointments are too close together and too far apart so we can't make them!

but anyway we did have a really awesome bike day where we met SO MANY great people! and man endorphins really do make you happy! haha me and sis. meldau are always way happier and work a ton better together when we bike! BIKING! WOO! i'm gonna use my bike reeeeal good at home while I save up for a car!
lets see, this week was pretty great. We're teaching this family, minus the dad, and they've been wanting to be baptized for months, but man she is just really flaky. hahaha and doesn't know much about the church! so we keep trying to teach but it doesn't happen and they never come to church, BUT! we set a new baptismal date with them so hopefully it HAPPENS! WOO!
oookay PEOPLE I LEARNED A BIG LESSON THIS WEEK!!!!!
consequences. are..... REAL! haha 
let me tell you something. SOMETIMES! on my mission, I slack off or am not prepared and the time comes when I need the spirit or inspiration and I'm like SHOOT! Heavenly father help me out!! I'm so sorry i realize I slacked off and I didn't do what I needed to then but i'm repenting! help me have the spirit!....... and. actually a lot of the time he still helps me out! haha, BUT! sometimes, he can't do anything. ya know? sometimes we do it to ourselves and we have to just take the consequences for our actions! and I missed a really awesome opportunity to learn a lot from the spirit and I didn't get much out of it because I hadn't prepared! and I had missed a point of something. anyway this might not make a lot of sense but long story short, the atonement is real, but we cannot expect to get the same blessings as others, or that we want, when we are not doing our part. We gotta put in a little more effort sometimes.
anyway, I'm so sleepy! my eyes are drooping. so i'm struggling to think of stories... did i say that already??? AH i'm losing it.
anywho.
..... hm......
it was a gooood week....
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat... happened...
OOOOH here's a cool story!! WOO! 
so we got a referral from the tampa spanish sisters (who one of them is my MTC comp, sis. miller :) love her.) and so we went to go contact it on our last 10 miles and realized it wasn't even in our area! haha lame! but we contacted it anyways because the others sisters in that area couldn't make it that day. SO! we bravely travel through the monsoon that was currently occurring in Florida, haha, and knock on the door! and it wasn't the lady... but we invited her to the women's general conference session! and she was like... oooh GREAT! wow i'm so glad you guys came!! nobody knocks our doors over here! like church people! and we've been looking for a church lately and something just like this! i am so glad you came!
and we were like WHATTTTT THAT'S SO COOL HI COME BE BAPTIZED!!!
and she was like OKAY I WANT TO! when can we set a date?? 
just kidding that part isn't true. but REALLY THOUGH she was great!!! i'm excited to see what happens.
okay man I know i promised a better email this week but my brain is so foggy! i probably have some sort of disease from all the mold and cockroaches over here....... 
hm.....

OH MY GOSH! the other sisters had picked us up from somewhere and we went to their apt. for dinner after, and we found a dead cat by the apt. :( it was sad! the poor thing, they thought it was their neighbors so we were trying to decide if we should knock and tell them their cat was dead or not...... and me and sis. bowe didn't want to cause we both smile in serious situations! (literally, it's bad. A lady we know told us her husband is divorcing her and took all their money and i broke out in the biggest grin and immediately was like oh my gosh i'm so sorry i smile in serious situations!!! hahaha and then i dropped to a shocked serious face... and then i smile again! oh my. it's the worst!) anyway so they weren't home thankfully and we texted them and THANKFULLY it wasn't their cat. just a poor stray that they were trying to help out that died :( we said a few words for it!
also... DAD DON'T KILL ME! but i fed a cat the other night... hahaha it was crying for 20 minutes outside our apt's and i couldn't help it! every time i peeked outside the window it would look STRAIGHT AT ME and beg for food! so i did.... but it hasn't come back yet so IT'S OKAY!!!

anywho.
We're also teaching a great less active who is comin back FULL FORCE and she is so great :) i love her. we started teaching one of her neighbors and there was something off about the lesson so i stopped it and we just asked her about her faith in Christ, and talked about that, and then we asked her to give the closing prayer, and she wouldn't, and then amanda was AWESOME and testified about the importance of prayer and how she thought she shouldn't pray because she wasn't worthy and she never realized how bad she NEEDED to be praying in those times! and she was crying and the investigator was crying, and then the inv. said the prayer :) it was so sweet. i loved it.
I love these people. I really do.
BEING A MISSIONARY IS SO COOL. 
man, i love it.
I love you all, so much! i gotta go, next week will hopefully be more exciting! haha i just have a bad memory.
LOVE YOUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!

caption:
me-"Mr. frog make a funny face with me in this picture!"
mr. frog- (in an english accent): "I will not. and I am not amused."

hehehehehhe it made me laugh really hard. look at his face! and he looks like he's tapping his finger in annoyance. HAHA. so funny.

anytime i can do anything that makes me feel like a spy or a ninja I do it!!!!
and you can't see but whenever it rains our sidewalk to our door floods like 4 inches and i was sick of my feet getting wet. haha

success :)

No comments:

Post a Comment