Monday, February 24, 2014

February 17, 2014

WELL. no pictures today..... because devastatingly enough... my camera was stolen.......... 
along with my memory card with 8 months of my mission on it...............
so........ that was definitely that down of my week. haha but i've had my time to sulk AND now I just am trying to love my old camera again but it's like living in a hut and moving to a mansion and then moving back into the hut. hahaha SO i'm trying to humble myself again!! man we get spoiled so easily!!! 
ANYWAY. 

uh... BIG NEWS!!! but you all already know because Aaron and them (i mean Elder Russell) already talked about it!
IPADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
it was like a DREAM! hahaha so cool. the only problem is whipping these things out in super humble homes I feel like a monster!! but no they are awesome. 
LET ME TELL YOU. I did not know how to use ipads. at all. except swiping and camera and stuff. and our whole area book and planners are on these things, and it's a huge big program, and gospel library studies and stuff, and Pres. is like... NO MORE PAPER. throw your planners away! you aren't allowed to use your paper scriptures anymore! no more books! ONLY THIS! sooo it's been quite sad :( and my first personal study and Hna Meldau was pretty entertained cause i was sighing and groaning the whole time trying to figure out how to take notes while i read my scriptures. hahaha ANYWAY but now i'm getting all tech savy and it's pretty cool :) seriously, it's like the gospel! there is SO MUCH knowledge and goodness and potential if people will try and learn and work for it! but sometimes we are just too comfortable to make that effort and we don't wanna change, and we miss so many awesome opportunities. 
ANYWHO.

OKAY. this week was just really really good. nothing too special event wise, but it was just GOOD. I feel SO BLESSED and grateful to be out here. one day we were driving to an appt and I just got this overwhelming feeling of urgency for the work. and I feel like i felt a TINY little part of how important it really is, and we DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND IT!!! haha the big picture and just everything! it is SO MUCH MORE than we can comprehend!!! and i just saw all these people and i was like... oh my heck... what are we doing???? WHAT I AM I DOING??? how can i waste any time out here??? how can i NOT talk to that person?? WE NEED TO BE GATHERING AN ARMY RIGHT NOW!!! haha seriously cause we have to find the people who are ready and the noble and great ones and they keep telling us that and i feel like I am beginning to get it... it is SO IMPORTANT. the 2nd coming is real. I literally wanted to buy a horse and put on a cool war outfit write the title of libterty on a ragged cloth and ride around florida shouting for people to JOIN!!! hahaha just like Moroni and that AWESOME WAR SCENE!
but I feel like.......... that wouldn't give the church the best look. so i didn't do it. 
anyway. so that was just a cool feeling.

we had a pretty awesome week though!! we met a lot of great people set up a lot of good appt's and we've been expanding our teaching pool! much needed! Our president is very inspired, and change is not my favorite thing but I'm beginning to love it, I love the progress, I just love this work! 
We got a referral for a cute mexican family who have their own restaurant from a member, and we went by and she gave us free drinks and dessert just cause we were missionaries! and man I love the spanish people and culture and everything. LOVE IT. 
and uh... gosh i just can't think of many big stories to tell, a lot has happened buuuuuuut it all just escapes me at the moment!

okay well anyway. I guess I'll just close up! 
I've been thinking a lot about how often we all look so forward into the future, and we don't live up our potential today.
One thing for missionaries and people in general that we know, is that we will all go home. Whether that means home back to your home state from your mission, or home to your father in heaven from this earth. I will go home from my mission, that will happen, we know it and it is sure. What is not sure and what I don't know, is how i will leave my mission, the person that I will be, how i will finish it. And even more than that, how will we all leave this world? We come, and no matter what, we will finish, that will not change. so stop thinking about when you are going to finish, and everything after, but think about what you have to do today, in order to become that missionary, or person that God wants, and intended you to be when you do reach that finish. The person or missionary God has intended you to be from very back before you even started this journey. He has his vision for you, and he knows how to get you there, let him do it. Follow him, trust him, STOP fighting him. Live, learn and love TODAY! 
I got that thought when I was thinking too much about the future, and Heavenly Father told me to knock it off and focus on now. haha 

I love you all so much, MORE THAN WORDS CAN SAY. I really am so grateful for every single person in my life, and gosh I just can't express to you guys how much i love you. I also can't express that AWESOMENESS of a mission. and the blessings and lessons learned and the challenges that help me grow. i am so grateful for a heavenly father who ALLOWS me to go through hard times, and allows me to learn for myself. I am grateful when I can look back and see that i have changed, and it's only because the Lord has given me trials. BUT, if i hadn't turned to him, I would've gone the opposite way. trials will make or break you, turn to him, and let them make you. 
LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment