Monday, January 6, 2014

January 6, 2014

AH NO TIME! 
okay how ARE YOU EVERYONE???
how was uh new years and all that good stuff? AS YOU CAN SEE in my BEAUTIFUL insane fire picture some members burned all their christmas trees and it was way cool.
okay but seriously CAN YOU BELIEVE THOSE PICTURES????? 
i look at them all the time.... the fire is SO PRETTY. 

ANYWAY. 
guys it was freezing the other night...... I blow dryed my feet all through studies because our heater is broken! and DON'T MOCK AND LAUGH!! it really was cold! haha 
but it's back in the 70's soooo...... 

Hm I'm just staring at the screen trying to think of what to write... my brain is going crazy and I can't pinpoint any specific things that i was thinking of during the week.... 
WELL HEY! today's my ten month mark! officially! WOOO!!! 
ummm I dreamed of a missionary sacrificing himself to save armadillos from the alligators.... ummm I I DON'T KNOW! 
okay we'll just get right to the good stuff.

SOOOOO. we have a less active and she's awesome, super great. She shared her whole life story but not even only like 1/100 of it i feel like but it was already crazy... she was raised in the church but got offended at something and decided to leave it in her teens, and now her life is just... I dont even have words, she has had to go through so much. SO much. it's insane, and it's really heart breaking. she's had to fight for SO MUCH. for her children, for her life, for a place to stay, for money, everything. And she's seen all the worst parts of this world, some of the stories she told us made me sick. but as we were standing in her trailer park, I was just thinking to myself, how DRASTically different her life would be if she had stayed with it. her life didn't go down the drain right after she left the church, it was continual and slow and painful. I just imagined two different lifes for her and all the unnecessary horrible things that she's been through that she wouldn't have had to experience otherwise. and We had an awesome lesson on agency at church, and it REALLY opened my eyes to something I thought I already knew, but now I'm seeing was more clearly. Just how Satan works SO hard to destroy our agency, to make us stuck and chained down, and he does it by so cleverly making us think that the rules and commandments of God are restrictions and holding us back and chaining us down. and He gets us to go do stupid things and "break free" from the teachings of our parents and prophet and apostles. he is so good at making things SEEM like something else. because looking at this less active having made her decision to leave, and be "more free", and seeing how restricted and hard her life is now? man. Satan is good at his job. DO not let him convince you that God is holding you back. that the commandments are too restrictive, I have never felt like I had more agency in my LIFE. and I have never been more obedient to the mission rules either. EVERY single thing God asks us to do, is for our benefit. and for OUR happiness. not for himself, it's for us. we need to stop being so prideful and stubborn and just realize how much he loves us. ANYWAY. just thinkin about it. 

OKAY REAL QUICK. on sunday i had to translate and i was like PLEASE HELP ME HEAVENLY FATHER and I did it and i DID IT! haha guys it was a CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!!! I didn't even have to TRY THAT HARD! seriously it was definitely a blessing, so awesome.
anyway.......

ALSO. God answers prayers, I prayed for a less actives favorite hymn to be played in church for her when she came, and it was sung in sacrament :) MIRACLE! even though she didn't come, and God knew she wasn't gonna be there, he still answered my prayer :) it was cool.

ANYWAY. i have to go but i hope you all know how much i love you ALL! I'm so grateeful for everything and everyone I have in my life and that I WILL have in my life and man it's just a great life ya know? It's hard sometimes but it is just good.
hasta la vista :)

HERMANA RUSSELL!!!!

um are these not the coolest pictures you've ever seen in your life? I KNOW! i love my camera. and fire. it was fascinating me BIG TIME when they burned the christmas trees. SO PRETTY AND AWESOME! JUST LOOK!





NEW YEARS! we set an alarm to get up at 11:59 but slept through it all... SO MAD! haha oh well. 


SO this is the story of one time how we didn't have a strainer so I made one out of a cereal box and outlined it in tape so it wouldn't soak through and stabbed a bunch of holes in it

 and it worked and i was way happy...

Add and then it all broke 

and fell down the sink........

And I was sad :(

and then sister meldau shook the bottle of sauce but the lid wasn't on so it went everywhere, hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment